How To Pretend You're Not Freezing In 20 Degree Weather (& Links à la Mode)

by - Friday, January 25, 2013











What I'm Wearing
Mint Chunky Scarf: borrowed | Earrings: ALDO
Black Coat: H&M ($12)
Coral Blazer: thrifted ($4.50)
Zigzag Striped Top: River Island ($11)
Black Button Up Skirt: H&M ($7)
Black Tights: Express (gift)
Black Wedges: Charlotte Russe ($11)

JUST KIDDING! It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and almost impossible to pretend to NOT be cold when it's freezing.. I promise you, when I figure it out, I will share the wealth free of charge! Buuuut, for now, I do breathing exercises to help me keep calm in the cold... And I think of supermodels who take pictures in extreme weather conditions. Those ladies are pin thin and their pictures turn out heavenly. So, I try to channel their energy. Of course, it doesn't always work, but it's certainly worth the try!

I layer like it's no one's business, though. With this outfit, I had on double tights (a sweater pair and a very thick pair), and four layers on top (my coat, my blazer, my blouse, and a tank top underneath it). And even with all those extra layers of skin, I could still feel my blood freezing and my breath transforming from vapor to icicles. Albany is cold.

I'm officially discouraged from wearing skirts this season...at least until the weather goes above 30 degrees again (that's Fahrenheit!)

But, if any of you figure out how to pretend you're not freezing in 20 degree weather before I do, please, enlighten me!



Oh! I had the honor of being featured on Independent Fashion Blogger's weekly Links à la Mode! Check out the other wonderful posts! They are all certainly worth the read!

LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JANUARY 24TH

 


follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Very cute! Love the scarf and blazer colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of your blazer and scarf! Pretty outfit :)

    ReplyDelete